Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppies have ticks. Chrisoff is losing hair and seems as…

Customer Question
My puppies have ticks...

My puppies have ticks. Chrisoff is losing hair and seems as though salive is thick. I tried to take tick off but I couldn't with tweezers. Tried to smash them. He has. 2. Anna has 4. She is also losing hair. Ive been sick haven't been walking them. Let them go outside along I watch from upstairs. Never let them go along I'm not up to it. Can u help me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No just on tummy area.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the puppy's name?

Anna and chrisoff.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Anna?

She seem alright. Really worried about chrisoff.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. Well, I definitely wouldn't crush the ticks. That is the last thing you want to do. The fluid that released can cause a nasty localized reaction. Plus the certain diseases can be transmitted do the puppies and yourself. If you are just trying to get the ticks off, apply some rubbing alcohol to the tick and grasp the tick as close to the skin as possible and apply gentle traction upward to remove the full tick and make sure you get the head. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating at no additional charge. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Anna and Chrisoff are doing and to see if you have any other questions.