Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 4 month old aust cattle dog female. Her bowel

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have a 4 month old aust cattle dog female. Her bowel motions have always been the same since we got her at 8 weeks old. She is wormed and fleaed when needed. She poos around 3 to 4 times a day. The first poo is always firm as it should be then followed by loose. Never runny but loose. I have tried the chicken and rice and when it has stayed firm for a few days have then introduced her kibble food but we end up going back to normal. she eats grass at times as well. Looking forward to seeing what your thoughts are. she is up to date with vaccines as well. Regards, Rachel

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the cattle can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cattle's name?

Rosie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rosie?

No, thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question about this little one. I want to make sure I'm understanding the situation. She will have more solid / normal stools early in the day, and then the last 1 or 2 stools of the day are more soft? This is pretty consistent?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian