Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has low energy and dosent seem to feeling well not really…

Customer Question
He has low energy...

He has low energy and dosent seem to feeling well not really eating kind of like he has the flu

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

He is a 8 year malties gunner he is usually super activative now he is laying around alot low energy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Gunner

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gunner?

No but just the last couple of days low energy like he has the flu

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
yeah also he has had a recent problem with a thing like a cold shore next his k9 they have been treating but that doesnt seem to be it this time just low energy like the flu or something and what can we give him to make feel better does have a regular vet and a appointment tomorrow just would like to make him better today
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Have you noticed any coughing, sneezing, vomiting or diarrhea with him lately? It could be that he is coming down with something and your vet will likely want to do some blood work and x-rays tomorrow when you take him in. In the meanwhile, I would feed him some boiled chicken and white rice with a little bit of low sodium chicken broth. This is a bland diet, that's easy to digest, but it also tastes good and it usually perks them up. Plus the extra fluid helps with hydration. You can also give him some Pedialyte throughout the day today to keep his electrolytes up as well.
what is pedialyte
plus n o coughing sneezing nothing just low energy usually when my wife leaves he goes crazy now nothing he just goes over to couch and lays down

Pedialyte is kind of like Gatorade for babies. It is just a water that has some electrolytes and vitamins in it that can be helpful when a dog isn't feeling well.