Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Drooling and itchy ears. Roxy bulldog 85 pounds 7 years.

Customer Question
Drooling and itchy ears ...

Drooling and itchy ears

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Roxy bulldog 85 pounds 7 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Roxy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roxy?

No she's healthy

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She keeps saying her head I've checked her ears there us nothing there also she's panting due to her ears she keeps shaking her head....paws are itchy to but not very bad...this is the fourth or fifth day....her one side of her nose is a bit red....I just want to give her something to stop the itch and help her relax...
1/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. The drooling could be a sign of nausea. Have you noticed any vomiting? I would start some Pepcid (0.25mg/lb) every 12 hours for the drooing. For the itching and shaking her head, these could be a sign of allergies. I would start her on some Benadryl (1mg/lb) every 12 hours. If it doesn't clear up in a couple of days, I would take her in to the vet for a check up. The Benadryl might also help her relax because it is a mild sedative as well.
She is not vomiting at all
Ok, good. Sometimes when their skin is irritated it makes them uncomfortable and they will drool more than usual. The Pepcid can help with the drooling most of the time.
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian