Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My bunny ate a small amount of gum. I think she will be

Customer Question
My bunny ate a...

My bunny ate a small amount of gum.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your bunny will be able to digest that. What is the bunny's name and age?

I think she will be okay. She's eaten a lot worse, like she ate a leather shoe earlier this week.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your bunny?

Shes 11 months old and her name is Dot

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Was is sugar free gum or regular gum?

How long ago and how much?

How big is bunny?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sugar free super small amount. It was a tiny circular kind. She ate it five minutes ago and she's 5 pounds. She seems okay at the moment she doing binkies.

Thanks

If it contained Xylitol we would be a little more worried then other types of artificial sweeteners. But rabbits are actually quite tolerant of even that

I am not worried at this point

The gum should pass no problem

I hope that helps!

Okay?
Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is the first ingredient. She only did get a few bites though. Should I have her eat a large amount of hay or pineapple to help?
The first one is the bit she had, the second is one I cut in half and the third is a full peice.

Just continue to feed as per usual :)

Update me tonight

Thanks for pics :)

Paul

Still there?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian