Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a question and hope you can help. My dog is 13 years…

Customer Question
Yes I have a...

Yes I have a question and hope you can help.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

My dog is 13 years old. He is a golden doodle

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

He got a cut on his paw and we took him to the vet. The vet said it was a benign tumor on the paw after testing it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is your dog bleeding a lot?

The area has pus and is not healing. He is on antibiotics and pain killers

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

And we change the dressing every day. His name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

The vet has been seeing Max all his life so he knows all he can about Max

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are there any solutions as to how to shrink this tumor or heal this cut where the tumor is so that Max is not in so much grief. Doctor was recommending surgery but Max is older and anesthetic may not be a good idea. We just want to find a way to heal the paw. We are cleaning it, dressing it and giving the antibiotics and it's been about two weeks now.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello still there?
1/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of this tumor to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian