Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Mini snauzer appears to have bad cold. And has a lot of…

Customer Question
My Mini snauzer appears...

My Mini snauzer appears to have bad cold. And has a lot of congestion what can I give her she is 18lbs and is 5 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

She is almost snorting and wheezing. And has a lot of saliva type sputum at times

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?

Loki. She is eating fine But I’m getting worried about the cold my vet is always so busy and hard to get into I don’t know how to help her

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Loki?

She appears to be better thru the day ? But at night it really sounds awful The weather is so cold. Like -28 here and she hasn’t been out for her usual walks because of the extreme cold

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Any nasal discharge? What color? From one or both nostrils?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian