Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was making a sound kinda like she was choking. She…

Customer Question
My dog was making...

My dog was making a sound kinda like she was choking. She would bow her head down and heave in and out until something like mucus came out. I checked her mouth and I couldn’t see anything. She seems fine now and is breathing normal. Should I be heading to the vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is about 2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lily?

We rescued her about a year ago, but I have never seen her do this.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Lily, please? It sounds as if you witnessed an episode of either reverse sneezing or regurgitation. Here's what reverse sneezing looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3L4v0W2_Sw