Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Rottweiler is at least 13 years old she has labored

Customer Question
My Rottweiler is at...

My Rottweiler is at least 13 years old she has labored breathing and is bleeding a great deal I have an appt to put her down on Monday morning she has droopy ears can’t seem to axcremate but does urinate her eyes are looking distant am I doing the right thing she doesn’t rather dog food but I am providing a bland diet for her and she will eat little and that’s it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Rottweiler's name?

Heidi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Heidi?

This started about a month ago there are 3 stairs to go out side she can go down them hesitantly but can’t get up them so I made a sling to get her in the house where it is warm I am keeping her as comfortable as possibe

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Heidi may be in an end of life situation. She is pretty old for a Rottweiler.

Where is the bleeding coming from?

If you lift her lip to check her gums, are the pale?

It is good she will eat a little. When a dog won't eat at all, it is time to consider euthanasia.

Is she spayed? Is the bleeding from her vulva?

How is Heidi doing? I did not hear from you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian