Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 8 yr old doxy mix has stopped eating and displaying all…

Customer Question
My 8 yr old...

My 8 yr old doxy mix has stopped eating and displaying all the signs of depression. He is a single dog and nothing has changed in our home. I've taken him to the vet and he is healthy physically. He takes no medications.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Max

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Max?

He was beaten by his original owner then taken to Pet Adoption where he was adopted twice and brought back. I adopted him. He does not like men and will bite if approached by a man. He has learned to like my husband but will show aggression and he has also bitten me. He is broken but I'm all he has. We can't have people over especially men

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is Max bleeding a lot?

Bleeding from where??? What an odd question...No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/5/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to learn Max is not feeling well. I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

3- Has he been seen by a veterinarian since he stopped eating?

I am sorry you are having trouble seeing where to respond. But, you should have a window with a reply button. Do not open more questions, I have submitted them as duplicate so you are not charged for them. Are you there?

This not eating has been for about 3 wks
He has had some diarrhea
The diarrhea started this . He has been seen by the vet and everything is fine
he as all the symptoms of depression. ��

Did your vet do any testing like blood work and x-rays?

A stool sample which was normal. Rt. blood work normal
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian