Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

For the last few days my dog is acting so peculiarly. He has…

Customer Question
For the last few...

For the last few days my dog is acting so peculiarly.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

He has been circling, walking drunk and trouble on his back legs. He has chronic ear issues and we are dealing with bad infection that they still can’t fix.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

A wound?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

He’s 14.5

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Mutsy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mutsy?

Plenty

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
He is acting like this all of a sudden and walking like he’s out of it. He has been pacing and having trouble settling in and sitting down. His back legs gave out a couple of times. He is eating and did jump up on the couch and went for a walk just fine. But then after, he exhibited these weird behaviors. He has chronic ear problems and he’s been on meds forever with trial and error. They cultured his ear today and waiting for results. Another vet today said something about a brain tumor. It doesn’t seem possible to me because of the sudden onset and symptoms are so typical of vestibular disease. No one seems to know anything and I’m just at a loss.
1/5/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?