Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My healthy 2 year old pitbull mix has a history of anxiety.

Customer Question
My healthy 2 year...

My healthy 2 year old pitbull mix has a history of anxiety. he has been shivering for days and appears depressed. This is not unusual except it has been going on for several days. normally it is a few hours. note he always behaves this way in the car. he has never behaved this way for so long. he is otherwise happy and loving, playful. Today he was happy to go a walk. But ever since he has been some he has been anxious and depressed.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Bane

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bane?

He is a nervous dog. always barking and lunging at other dogs. he has panic attacks in the car. he loves to play but lately does not want to play. he want to hang out outside in the dirt and he refuses to come inside.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian