Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog got a bag of mulling spices off the counter and

Customer Question
My idiot dog got...

My idiot dog got a bag of mulling spices off the counter and presumably ate the contents after destroying the bag. I don't know how much was in it, the bag is destroyed with the ounces of stuff, but I have the list of ingredients that was in it. He has a relatively cast iron stomach.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Bear is probably 8 years old. I found him several years ago. He is getting white hair in his muzzle, but is very active still.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bear

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bear?

He is healthy, weighs about 50 pounds, which is overweight for him. He is a hound/beagle type of mix. Seems to feel ok. I just got home from work, so I do not know when he ate the stuff.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/5/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Did he eat the bag also or just tear it apart?

Paul

I can never be sure. I think he just tore it up. He has destroyed so many things that I am at my wit's end. He chewed through the cord to my Dyson and almost electrocuted me.
Hello? Did we get disconnected?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian