Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our dog is a 90 pound Pitbull we found her sitting in the…

Customer Question
Our dog is a 90...
Our dog is a 90 pound Pitbull we found her sitting in the middle of the field not responsive to us we live in a predominantly known drug area and we're afraid that she ingested methamphetamine.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/5/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

Did this just happen? Is she still unresponsive?

Thank you

Aprox two hours ago. She walked into the house on her own but she is acting afraid wont make eye contact. Keeps licking her lips

Okay thank you. Was she loose? She could have been hit by a car as well or had some other trauma. What color are her gums?

She was outside with family but was only out of our site for 5 minutes. No road to get hit on. We live in river bottoms
Her gums arepale pink a little splotchy

Okay thank you. If there was any chance she ingested drugs she needs to see the ER vet right now. It is not something you can treat at home and could be life threatening.

So rather than answer your question online, I think you should take her to the vet right now and have her checked.

You will not be charged since I did not answer your question.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian