Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Cant move or eat. His name is Norton and he is 12 ears old.

Customer Question
Cant move or eat ...

Cant move or eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 12 ears old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Norton?

He always has a great appetite until yesterday he can drink water but will not touch even his favorite foods

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 1 month ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

What breed of dog is this?

When was the last time he ate?

What color are his gums?

What is his temperature when taken rectally?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he is a hound mix retriever
he ate yesterday afternoon
gums look normal

Thank you for that information. Of course there is a concern of a neurological problem within the spine if he cannot get up and walk. That would require Vet care to determine this.

Did he eat anything different at all since yesterday that would have cause stomach upset enough to prevent him from eating today?

How about a temperature, can you take that rectally? A temperature would indicate possible infection.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian