Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Can Equine 4Cyte be given to canines and if so what is the…

Customer Question
Can Equine 4Cyte be...

Can Equine 4Cyte be given to canines and if so what is the dosage?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

We usually give 4 cyte for early signs of arthritis but only have equine 4 cyte available

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Rear legs, have had xrays and vet consult and 4 cyte was the recommendation. Just wanting to know if equine 4cyte is suitable for canines

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Kettera (Golden Retriever) 7 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Kettera

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kettera?

Otherwise healthy and vibrant.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I looked at the ingredient in both Equine 4Cyte and Canine 4Cyte and found nearly identical formulas save the Canine 4Cyte also contained rosemary extract. The proportions of the proprietary blend and epiitalis are identical. The horse scoop contains 21 grams of product while the dog scoop contains 0.4 grams. Thus you would need to give 1/50th the amount of the equine product to a dog. This would seem unwieldy to me but doable if you have a postage or food scale. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.