Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog is almost bald. Had bacterial infections in past but…

Customer Question
Dog is almost bald...

Dog is almost bald. Had bacterial infections in past but never fungi or mites. Now he's sneezing all the time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Blaise...lhasa apso...neutered...age 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blaise?

He sleeps a lot but always has... nothing new...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of what you're seeing? Are you seeing any mucus production when he sneezes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't send pics right now. Any thoughts while I work on getting pics?

Are you seeing any mucus production when he sneezes?

What flea prevention is being used, how often and when was it last applied?

Is he on any medication at this current time?

Has he had any recent bloodwork performed? If so, do you have a copy to share?

Any scratching?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian