Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She seems to wimper. She will not let me touch her. She

Customer Question
She seems to wimper...

She seems to wimper. She will not let me touch her. She seems to bite her but and then have to go outside.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is Abbi. Almost 4 years. My vet opens at 700. I was going to call and hopefully I can get her looked at.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abbi?

Not really. It just snowed alot and maybe walikung in the snow hurt her. I do not know. She will usually sleep in my bed and now just wants to stay on floor.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help or you've already had her attended to by her vet.

Please clarify "She seems to bite her (sic) butt and then have to go outside".

She seems better as she let me tou h her. Her butt still ses tender. She is lathargic but she did not sleep to well last night
You can type the answer

Thank you for the additional information. Her butt needs to be checked by her vet. I would be concerned about an anal sac gland abscess although I must admit that her behavior isn't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

she bites or licks her butt area.

Our messages crossed. Please see my post timestamped 6:30 AM (my time). If you can't see that post please let me know and I'll repost it.