Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog has a bleeding ulcer or tumor. the vet gave me some…

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a bleeding ulcer or tumor. the vet gave me some chinese medicine to help stop the bleeding but nothing is working she is just lying around with very white gums

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

She had a blood transfusion last week, they say the tumor is benign but inoperable because of where it is located I have spent more then 20,000.00 trying to save her and I am wondering if the vets are just taking my money as I am now wondering if there is not any hope of getting her healthy again

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Jones, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Kelly Jones
Kelly Jones, Dog Veterinarian
Hi, my name is***** am happy to help you with this question.Do you know what kind of tumor? Do you have a photo of where it is located? And have you been to an oncologist or surgeon?There are surgeries called hemi-maxillectomies or hemi-mandibulectomies where surgeons will remove a portion of the jaw in order to remove the tumor, especially if it is very large. A consultation with a surgeon and ideally a surgical oncologist would be the next best step.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tumor is on the top part of stomach and ephofigus
She has already had part removed but it has started to bleed again. We gave her a transfusion which perked her up but it did not stop the bleeding
Is there no medicine that can help clot ?
Oh ok, that is not a place that it can be removed unfortunately. :( I am so sorry.There is no medicine to help clot because we cannot target the clotting. A clot in the brain, lungs or heart would be deadly.I am so sorry :(
Have you spoken with a surgeon yet?
Kelly Jones
Kelly Jones
Kelly Jones, Dog Veterinarian