Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Beagle-mix ate about 8 oz. of semi sweet chocolate chips.

Customer Question
My Beagle-mix ate about...

My Beagle-mix ate about 8 oz. of semi sweet chocolate chips. She's thrown up at least 7-8 times, trembles a bit and is clearly not herself. I called my vet and they said to keep an eye on her. But on the other hand, she's fairly perky when I walk her outside. Is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your beagle will be able to digest that. What is the beagle's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she's 3 years old (a rescue dog).

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

Not really, she's a hound dog for sure, and pretty sparky when feeling well.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How long has it been since she ate the chocolate and how long after eating did she vomit?

How much does she weigh?

Paul

Still there?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian