Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Just had dental surgery and had a tooth removed. she has…

Customer Question
Just had dental surgery...

Just had dental surgery and had a tooth removed. she has thrown up 3 times and is moaning and wheezing.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

The vet said she fed her during the wake up time. but now it's been 6 hrs and we are home. my scottie is actually moaning with a wheezing sound and has thrown up a few times. I'm worried

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

She is a 4 yr old scottish terrier. a rescue from a puppy mill where she was a breeder dog.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Was the dental performed today?

Have you fed her again at home yet?

Is she on any oral medication from your vet?

Can you share a video of the moaning and wheezing?

She has been throwing up over the last few hours. Now she seems to have settled down. The wheezing has subsided. I’m worried that she had a reaction to the drugs. My dog is a Scottish terrier.

Typically if a dog is to have a reaction to anesthetic we see this occur while they're under care with the veterinarian, but I don't think it can be ruled out with certainty.

Was the dental performed today?

Have you fed her again at home yet?