Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Do we pay for answers. Choc lab, weight loss, pale gums and…

Customer Question
Do we pay for...

Do we pay for answers

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Choc lab, weight loss, pale gums and tongue, moaning. still eating, drinking and normal bowel movements as far as I can tell.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Tucker not sure roughly 10-12, not sure got him from kijiji

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Dont think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/4/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Pale gums and the other symptoms you are describing are enough for me to tell you that this is a medical emergency. There is a good chance Tucker is bleeding internally and if you wait until the morning to get him seen he may be gone.

The best recommendation I can make for you is to get him to a veterinarian right now. I know it is inconvenient, but these symptoms mean he is most likely critical and may crash soon and you may lose him.

Please get Tucker to an emergency clinic as soon as possible.

Good luck I hope he is ok.

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have, just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian