Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Once again I am reading about the hairy growths on one of my…

Customer Question
Once again I am...

Once again I am reading about the hairy growths on one of my dog's paws. I live in Mexico. I feed Costco's imported Kirkland dry and canned food . Until recently I had 7 dogs for many years. The oldest was 15, sharpie (rescued for over 27 yrs.) Anyway I only have 4 now and all are healthy. The dog with the yuk on her paws is a Xoloitzquintli. The growths have gotten worse. Dogs are wormed regularly as we walk daily, mostly on the beach.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

She is 11 and was a bitch in a puppy mill until a prolapsed uterus and finally rescue. I have had her for 6 years.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/3/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these growths to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I did not reply. I was taken to a page that wanted me to pay $48+ per month for these services. I got spooked and closed out. Here are pictures from the web with the same growth as Luna. I would prefer to speak so I will send off pictures then try to switch to a call.Can't get the pics to upload and calling wants money too. This entire deal is a ripoff that I will warn others against. But since I have paid so far, I want your feedback, although I don't think I'll get much more than I have read on line.

The pics from the web didn't upload. Can you try again? I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian