Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Yelp with pain off and on. Moving fine, took outsde twice,

Customer Question
Yelp with pain off...

Yelp with pain off and on. Moving fine, took outsde twice, realized i did not noticed if she pooped or not.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Jasmine 6 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jasmine?

She got ahold of a paper towel saturated with bacon greese about 3 days ago. Matched the pieces about 1/2 of a sheet.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She plays ball, trys to go poop nothing yest. Taking her out in yard amd walkim a nd playing ball. Realized she ate nothing all day other than a small piece of cheese and her allergy meds. When i got home she ate 2 cups of dry dog food.
1/3/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Jasmine has been showing signs of pain recently, constipated, not eating well, and swallowed part of a paper towel that had bacon grease. I am interested in the constipation issue. Have you observed any feces (hard or soft) during the times she is attempting to defecate?

She is kept inside all day, just started to watch he trying to poop this evening after the first yelp.
Gave her a probitoc yesterday and today. But in review her stool its regular nothing broken or loose.
We have walked outside and squated 3 time just to pee. Its been 6 hours, no poop, but she is eating again right now. Gave her a 1tbl spoon of apple cider vinegar

Thank you for that information. Consider giving her 3-4 tablespoons of canned pumpkin, which is a good source of fiber, to help her have a bowel movement. As long as she is eating, she will eventually have a bowel movement within the next day or two. It is OK if she does not have one for 24 hours. If she continues to try to defecate, but remains unsuccessful for more than 24 hours, then she should be seen by a veterinarian to determine if an enema is needed.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Just checking in. How is Jasmine doing?