Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 9 week puppy contracted parvo,,last Wednesday. i took to…

Customer Question
My 9 week puppy...

My 9 week puppy contracted parvo,,last Wednesday. i took to emergency vet and she came home Friday, feeling great. I have been giving her all medicines, and she has been eating and drinking well, but today, so, 4 days after she came home from hospital, she is extremely lethargic and stool is a little loose.. could she relapse? does this seem normal for

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. What is the dog's name?

Bella

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?

No.. she's a bull mastiff... her appetite is huge..we've been feeding 5 small meals a day on bland wet food from vet, and started adding her puppy chow in as per vet instructions on day 3 home from hospital. So, her diet yesterday and today was wet bland food with a little regular puppy chow

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/3/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has her stool been formed thus far?
2) Can you tell me more about your switch from bland food to the puppy chow? What percentages have been used?
3) Has she received any treats or human food?
4) What medication is being given currently?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian