Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I had my dog boarded over the weekend and when he came home…

Customer Question
Hi i had my...

Hi i had my dog boarded over the weekend and when he came home he just wanted to sleep and when he barked it sounded different more low key.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Petie 11 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Male

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Male?

I wasn't sure if it warranted taking him to the vet?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/3/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Is Petie still eating and drinking normally?

Is the sleeping more improving at all since he got home? ( how long has he been home since boarding?)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he is back to his playful self but still has a horse bark not his usual bark its more toned down
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please cancel my service I do not want to be charged more than the $5 I quoted.

It may be that he was barking a lot while being boarded. Kinda like how when we go to a concert or a game and we are cheering then are hoarse for a few days.

Do some steam therapy. Steam up a bathroom and allow him to sit and breathe the steam 15 minutes or so to help soothe his throat. His bark should be back to normal in a couple more days and if not make an appointment to see your veterinarian to make sure there is not some residual inflammation that needs medications

Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian