Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog was diagnosed with appendicitis she is ok antibiotics…

Customer Question
My dog was diagnosed...

My dog was diagnosed with appendicitis she is ok antibiotics she is not wanting water she is eating and acting normal and using the restroom normal what could be wrong

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Ariel she is 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ariel?

No she is acting fine she won’t drink water if she does it’s just a lick

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Ariel.

Dogs do not get appendicitis; they do not have an appendix! Is your only concern that she is not drinking? Is she urinating less than usual?

Please let me know how she is doing and if you are seeing my responses.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian