Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My lab has had diarrhea anal licking and heavy panting

Customer Question
my lab has had diarrhea anal licking and heavy panting
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

No dietary changes . Heavy licking of anal area and heavy panting.

Have you noticed any vomiting or scooting behavior? Can you share a picture of the anus in strong lighting?

I am unable to offer a call at this time. Have you noticed any vomiting or scooting behavior? Can you share a picture of the anus in strong lighting?

Scooting yes. Vomited once clear liquid. Heavy panting and repeated urges to go out.

Can you share a picture of the anus in strong lighting? Do you see any red or open wounds on or around the area?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian