Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I don't know. He won't get up, and his pupils are huge, he…

Customer Question
I don't know. He...

I don't know. He won't get up, and his pupils are huge, he can walk and diesnt seem to be in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Beso and he is almost 4 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Beso?

He weighs about7-8 pounds, he only has one eye, and he has breathing problems. He is a shitzhu

About 2 hours ago my dog was playing one second and the next second he was laying there and wouldn't move except his one eye that he kept moving back and forth. He has got up on his feet and does walk but it is only about a foot and he goes right back into the same position of laying down. He seems to be having muscle spasms every so often and this is not the first time he has done this?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.