Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Have a 13 week old yellow lab. She for the last few hours.

Customer Question
Have a 13 week...

Have a 13 week old yellow lab. She for the last few hours. Has been squatting to pee every 10 minutes but nothing or very little is coming out. She is nw in her crate whining.....not normal for her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Zofie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zofie?

No. We have an appoint for her next round of shots tomorrow

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, the history and symptoms you are describing are consistent with a urinary tract infection. You see, the increase in frequency to urinate is because she has an infection that is causing irritation (inflammation) of the urethra (tube connecting bladder to the vagina). When the urethra is inflamed it gives the feeling of having to urinate, this is why she is going more frequent; the increase in frequency does not allow the bladder to accumulate enough urine and only produces a small amount of urine every attempt. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home, I am sorry. She will need to see your family veterinarian in the morning for antibiotics.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter