Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I need an over the counter antibiotic eye drop for my dogs…

Customer Question
I need an over...

I need an over the counter antibiotic eye drop for my dogs eyes , he has conjunctivitis ,I know because he has never had problems before being around a dog that had it , I don’t wan to pay for an expensive vet consultation when I know it’s 100% conjunctivitis , can you recommend anything pls

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Cruze 4 yrs Boarder Collie

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

If I take him to a vet , they’re just going to charge me for something I already know

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

No he is in perfect health , and has had every vaccination recommended , all worming , chipped etc.....

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/2/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

The only one you can buy without a prescription is Terramycin. You have to buy it online though. Valleyvet.com sells it

There is nothing that you could go to a store and buy in person. Just being honest.

chorsig eye drops aren’t any good ???

Those would work. I thought they were prescription only.

than Vets are just rip offs to , how convienient , have to pay a ridiculous consultation fee to get a prescription for something I already know , thanks for nothing Dr Gabby, how about you refund me my $39 for useless advice

Okay. I will request a refund. But I did tell you that Terramycin will work, you can order it online, and you do not need a prescription.

Dr Gabby you did say terramycin , but you also said it’s online , I wanted over the counter , if I was going to wait for an online order to take a week to arrive , I would just pay to see the vet and wait for him/her to tell me what I already know , just so this beautiful creature gets better
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian