Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog drank mop water that had mr Clean in it. I saw the…

Customer Question
My dog drank mop...

My dog drank mop water that had mr Clean in it. I saw the post about Flip and am using some of that to treat her. What else should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

My dog drank mop water that had mr Clean in it. I saw the post about Flip and am using some of the answers to that question to treat her. What else should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

She isn't eating or drink water. But has vomited already.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

My dog drank mop water that had mr Clean in it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Hela and 6 months.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hela?

She's a boxer and weights about 30 lbs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good afternoon

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

When did this happen and how much did she drink?

How much does she weigh?

Paul

This morning around 10 AM. She drank a bit but vomited it back up. She's a boxer puppy and weighs about 34 lbs.

Any vomiting since then?

Paul

she has vomited two to three times & is drooling a lot. She won't touch food or water now.

This is an unusually severe reaction. Normally it is not so bad.

But lets sort this problem out for you now

Lets give Zantac at 1.0 mg/kg three times a day to settle the stomach

Lets get her to drink something- how about no salt chicken broth- to get any residue out of her mouth

Do not offer any food

Try these things and update me in an hour or two

Okay?

Paul

Still there?

Paul

we had to go buy the medicine so right now we are just currently monitoring her.

Good job!!

I will look for your update in two hours then

Paul