Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been sleeping a lot. Last night he wouldn't eat…

Customer Question
My dog has been...

My dog has been sleeping a lot. Last night he wouldn't eat his treat. This morning uninterested in eating his food.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?

He is now shaking and appears to be swollen on his back above his rear leg

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He is laying around a lot today. But not actually sleeping. Appears to be in a lot of pain

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your dog, please? Which breed and how old is he?

Regretfully, his signs are important but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Shaking, however, does often indicate pain, anxiety, or both. The swelling is unclear to me. Can you upload a photo(s) of this swelling to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian