Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our lab retriever mix has not eaten in three days. She

Customer Question
Our lab retriever mix...

Our lab retriever mix has not eaten in three days. She drinks water, however, she might eat a bite but she just lays on the couch otherwise. She is 8 years old. She is never sick, she has not vomited at all, but she turns her head at even her favorite food. She seems to be getting around ok when she gets off the couch, and she wags her tail. Her nose is cold and somewhat wet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No...except that this is not her normal at all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you check a few things for me?

Gums are pink?

Rate of breathing?

Heart rate?

Abdominal swelling?

Paul

Gums are pink....breathing seems to be
normal, heart rate seems normal and. I swelling. I just pushed all around and she does not seem to have pain.
My husband just took her out and she got off the couch fine and was excited to go...I don't get it

That is good news!

She could have acute gastritis or pancreatitis

I was worried about a bleeding abdominal mass but less so now

Shall we try some things at home?

Paul