Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My small house dog (Gus) when drinks water then throws it…

Customer Question
My small house dog...

My small house dog (Gus) when drinks water then throws it up, he eats very little then throws it up. His blatter seems to let go any time any place even in bed. his breath smells feverish at times, He is about 7 and 1/2 years old and we got him from a shelter.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No, except some treats a friend gave us foe christmas

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

GUS

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about GUS?

This has gone on for serval days and he chokes a lot

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Gus. How long has he been throwing up what he eats, and drinks?

If you lift his lip, are his gums pink in color, or pale?

Can you take his temperature? Normal rectal temp is 101.5

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I can't do any of those things. We don't think the food that he does eat is not getting to his stomach

What make you think what he eats does not get to his stomach?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would call you but I don't have your number

You can't call me. I can only answer questions here. If you got an offer for me to call you, that did not come from me.

If he can't hold water or food down, he could have a blockage, or a viral infection. You can't just lift his gums to see if his gums look pale?

If he has a blockage, he needs medical attention. Is there a veterinary emergency clinic near you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot tell what color his gums are
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot tell what color his gums are.

That is too bad. If his gums are pale, then this is an emergency and he does need medical attention. If they are pink, that tells me he is not an emergency right now.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian