Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My trusty pup is favoring hind leg. Extremely cold here past…

Customer Question
Hello, my trusty pup...

Hello, my trusty pup is favoring hind leg. Extremely cold here past 48 hrs. Concerning due to no visible laceration of paw pad..but entire foot is much warmer (“angry hot”..infection type heat) ....I have both Bactrian and Minocycline...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

No bleeding, slight inflammation..and much warmer than the rest of her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

80 lb female lab mix... extreme stress due to fireworks in area past 24 hrs.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. If the foot swollen, or just hot? Will she walk on it?

What strength of Bactrian and Minocycline do you have?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian