Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog's eyes are swollen. I'm not sure what happened. I put…

Customer Question
My dog's eyes are...

My dog's eyes are swollen. I'm not sure what happened. I put hydrocortisone and ice to bring down the swelling. Initially when i came home he was fine then he started to scratch his eyes. Can he be allegeric to the outside sounds of the fireworks?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Cholo and he's9 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Cholo?

9 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cholo?

He keeps nervously straching his body and licking his legs but i don't see a rash of any kind.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.