Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have been out of town and my little dog got out. He has a…

Customer Question
I have been out...

I have been out of town and my little dog got out. He has a stomache ache and is drinking a lot of water. Very uncomfortable in his lower belly. And is winning. What can I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

He got out and onto something. His lower belly is hurting and is drinking a lot of weather and is winning. What can I do. I’ve been rubbing his belly for 2 hours and he is very uncomfortable

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Pepe he is 6 cockapoo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pepe?

No. He may have gotten into the trash and had some bad chicken. I’ve been out of town and had someone keep him

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I got Home at 8 pm and he has been throwing up since then. Now just white foam
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Pepe, please? His drinking a lot of water and abdominal pain is worrisome for acute kidney injury due to ethylene glycol (antifreeze) poisoning which needs to be addressed within 8 hours of ingestion lest the kidneys suffer irreversible damage. There are other considerations with those symptoms but we can't take the chance that he didn't ingest antifreeze. I recommend having Pepe attended to by a 24 hour veterinary facility at your earliest convenience. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian