Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has this dry hacking cough I rook himenro the vet and…

Customer Question
My dog has this...

My dog has this dry hacking cough I rook himenro the vet and they gave him antibiotics and a low dose steriod followed by some kind of cough medicine which has helped until the steriod was gone now he is coughing like before about every 15 min I gave home a breathing treatment and its helped I'm just not sure how often or how much?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?

Teddy and he is eleven he is also diabetic

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?

No other wise he is pretty healthy his diabetes is well controlled

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What tests did his vet do?

What breathing treatment did you specifically use?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian