Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is 6 years old and limping, lethargic and shaking.

Customer Question
My dog is 6...

My dog is 6 years old and limping, lethargic and shaking. Favori his back

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?

Favors his back right leg. I can touch it, no bites or redness, but won't follow me or doesn't want to lie down and when he does he doesn't want to get up. Cries softly when he moves

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Favors?

His name is ***** ***** terrier mix. Acting very unusual. No energy lately. Does go outside to go to the bathroom.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How long has this been going on for?

Where do you live- still warm there?

Any history of trauma?

Gums pink?

Breathing okay?

Eating and drinking?

Neutered?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Live in So California. 1 day worse last night. Won't eat dog food but will eat leftover turkey, not really drinking
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you advise to take him to emergency vet. Our Doctor will not be open until Tuesday?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No trauma, pink gums, breathing fine

Hi again

Thank you for being patient

I was worried about Lyme disease or Anaplasmosis

But could also be insect bite....do you have scorpions there?

I dont think you have to go the ER yet

We can try anti-inflammatories for 12 hours

Is he still eating and drinking?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian