Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My female vizsla isn't eating or drinking her regular meal.

Customer Question
My female vizsla isn't...

My female vizsla isn't eating or drinking her regular meal. I did manage to give her to beef strips. She has not moved all day laying in the same room she was the day before. She did urinate this morning but the last time she ate was last morning. She was shivering and whining yesterday but today she's barely making any noise or movement. Is this a problem and how do I fix it?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Kira and she turned 5 in October

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Kira?

% 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kira?

My mom believes it all started when she tore a chair open and claims she may have eaten cushion from it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

No vomiting or diarrhea?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is the mom. No vomiting or diarrhea. The other issue is the groomer clipped her nail bed and it was bleeding. They put in a solution to stop it, but looks like she is limping on that foot now. We are taking her to the vet. Thanks!

Okay

Good luck

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian