Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Her gums are blueish black I can take a picture of them n…

Customer Question
Her gums are blueish...

Her gums are blueish black I can take a picture of them n send it to u I haven't ever seen a puppy with black gums even the ruuf of her mouthbis black

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the puppy?

Nothing she acts just fine sh3 sleeps quite a lot..... She was given to me because the woman couldn't afford to care for her and her mother both and I am pretty sure she wasn't ready I had to feed her with a dropper for 2 weeks then she finally learned how to chew

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. What is the dog's name?

Molly.... She is a chihuahua mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?

She had worms so I gave her worm meds but she had a worm come out of her that was as long as her body

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Molly. How old is she?

Black gums and the roof of the mouth being black can be normal in dogs that are grey or black in color; it is normal pigment.

Worms that long can be roundworms or tapeworms. If you treated for them, I would worm her again in 10 to 14 days.

I hope you can see my responses. Please let me know if my answer is helpful.