Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He’s got a cough and all of a sudden he started foaming from…

Customer Question
He’s got a cough...

He’s got a cough and all of a sudden he started foaming from the mouth not sure what to do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?

Joby he’s 13 years old dottie 13 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Joby?

No is is he has a cough and all the sudden he started to from from the mouth

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Joby. His foaming (aerated fluid) in conjunction with his coughing is most indicative of congestive heart failure. If I'm correct, you're seeing life-threatening sgins of such failure at this time. Joby needs the attention of a vet at your earliest convenience. Time is of the essence. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.