Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He got hold of a piece of nicotine gum, we got it away from…

Customer Question
He got hold of...

He got hold of a piece of nicotine gum, we got it away from him but he did chew on it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Kelby, 6

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Can you tell me how long the gum was in his mouth and how chewed it looked?

I also need you to tell me the ingredients in the nicotine gum.....does it have xylitol in it?