Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog acts like somethng is in her throat her tongue is…

Customer Question
My dog acts like...

My dog acts like somethng is in her throat her tongue is hanging out and i tried turning her upside down but nothng , i rub her stomach and she makes some type of noise .. HELP

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

I JUYST EXPLAINED IT TO U sorry for the capsd caps

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

I'm not sure , when rubbing her stomach she makes a moaning sound

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

She won't stand her tongue is hanging out

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is your dog eating normally?

She was this morning

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is your dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious problems there. How is your dog behaving differently?

My husband is rubbing her but shes sounds like shes winning a little when he rubs her stomach can she be bleeding inside

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

I dont know if shes bleeding

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr G, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr G
Dr G, Dog Veterinarian
Hi I’m Dr G. I can try to help you, but this sounds very serious.
Do you have an ER near you? It might be better to go to the ER vet now then work through this on here.
I don't and i dont have the Money right now either .. PLEASE PLEASE HELP
No please tell me what to do
what can this be
Is your dog having trouble breathing? Tongue is out...is it purple? Is the dog gagging, coughing or trying to vomit? Breathing hard?
Is the dog bloated?
yesits purple but shes not gagging or coughing noo vomit
I tried to openher moth but its really hard to do
How old is your dog? When was she last to the vet? Does she have a history of heart murmur or heart disease?
SHE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE BLOATED STOMACH A LIL HARD
SHE RESPONDS TO HER NAME
NO history of heart murmur , shes 3 yrs old and she was seen at the vet 2rys ago
r u there
Shes moving as i hold herb
This could be heart failure, fluid in the lungs, pneumonia, or even choking.
I’m really sorry and wish I could give you more information. If your dog is purple, she needs oxygen, chest X-rays and an exam.
This is just not one of the cases where I can give you anything to do at home. The dog really needs some care.
Keep her quiet and calm. If she is still breathing now, but not making choking noises and is still conscious, then it is less likelyto be choking.
I can’t tell why she is not moving oxygen well, but that is what makes her tongue purple. Even some toxins can do it, heart worm disease, or other things.
ok
When you say she is acting like something in her throat, is she gagging ? Pawing at her face?
no
at first she was not responding to her name but she is now, i turned her upside down her hit her on the back she is responding a little bit more
shes walking a little also
at first she would not walk
Maybe she was choking and it’s moved down? Was she eating a bone or a toy or a snack when this started?
Is her tongue less purple? That would be a good sign
she was eating, tongue was hanging out but its not now
That’s a good sign then. Her age being younger and her getting better are both good. I’m still very worried, and I can’t tell you for sure what happened and if she will be ok. I’m hoping that it was choking and she has moved the obstruction on her own.
She should still see a vet when you can in case something else is going on.
My Husband just rushed her to the Vet , Thank You for your help
can u tell me why i was charged 5 d0llars and 14 dollars
You are welcome. I hope it all works out and she does ok!
Please keep me posted.
If I can be of any other help, please let me know.
If I have been of assistance, please give me a rating.
I’m sorry, I’m not sure how the charging goes, especially on the holiday. That question needs to go to the customer service department.
Ok Thank You for all that you do
Dr G
Dr G
Dr G, Dog Veterinarian