Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Starting of uti and vets are closed. Frequent urination with…

Customer Question
Starting of uti and...

Starting of uti and vets are closed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Frequent urination with only dribbles coming out anything I can do

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Mia yellow lab approx 9 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mia?

No other problems

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Mia. Do you have a human or canine antibiotic at home for which I might be able to give you a dose for Mia?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well my son is currently taking levoflaxin , do you ever call in antibiotic for like a walgreens

Levofloxacin shouldn't be administered to dogs due to the possibility of liver problems, joint problems, and tendon rupture. Regretfully, we're not allowed to prescribe through this venue. Perhaps a friend or family member nearby has an antibiotic that might be of value - amoxicillin, amoxicillin/clavulanate, trimethoprim/sulfa, cephalexin?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian