Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog has been throwing up off and on fot a few weeks but

Customer Question
Dog has been throwing...

Dog has been throwing up off and on fot a few weeks but eachbtime seemed to clear up. But since this makes 3 times over a month I am cincerned. He is on medicine for a heart murmer but is logthgaric

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No not really. All 3 dogs like carrotts and that is mostly what he vomited up. My vet said baby asprin for fever but I need to go tonstore after I wake up more, vet ssid not to worrymabout vomiting but since it has been goi g on so long and he is lethargic I am concerned!!!

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He is 12 yesrs old, He probably could stand to have teeth cleaned but the carrotts seem to keep breath ok and I have purchased True care spray, which I haven't used recently, they are all afraid of it even when I put it on a que tip. They have a dog run but have frequent accidents in sunroom, or dinning area.A doggy door also

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are concerned about your dog's vomiting.

Vomiting can be from dozens of things in dogs, some serious and many not serious.

Is he losing any weight? Is he drinking any more water than usual? Any diarrhea?

Are the accidents in the sun room urine, feces, or both?

This could be a simple as a reaction to carrots; my dog always vomited them. It could be an infection, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, liver or kidney disease.

I would not recommend aspirin for vomiting; it can irritate the stomach lining and cause vomiting.

How is your dog doing? I hope you were able to see my responses.

Please let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer anything else.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian