Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I think my dog has hemorrhoids, his anus is swollen and red…

Customer Question
I think my dog...

I think my dog has hemorrhoids, his anus is swollen and red and he is licking constantly. He did get into the Christmas chocolate.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Teutonic is a 3 year old Lurcher, 58 pounds.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teutonic?

Sorry auto correct his name is Turbo

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question about Turbo (I'm always intrigued with auto correct and the things it gives). Can you possibly post a picture of what you're seeing with his backside? What breed of dog is he?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian