Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 3 month old Golden poodle puppy, Charlie, has the Corona…

Customer Question
My 3 month old...

My 3 month old Golden poodle puppy, Charlie, has the Corona virus. I've taken him to the vets several times and he's resting at home now with meds. He vomited a yellowish thin watery liquid a few times today after our last visit to the vet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Charlie eat anything unusual?

No, he's not eating yet today - he's on an IV. drinking water

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?

Charlie is 1.6 kg, a very active responsive and cheerful puppy. He's still walking around now and responsive, but just very careful with himself today.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What medication is he currently on?

Can he keep at least water down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Just to be thorough, as he is a pup, any chance he's eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian