Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Bloody stool. Mop/6. We had her rabies shot but she also…

Customer Question
Bloody stool Veterinarian's Assistant:...

Bloody stool

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Mop/6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

We had her rabies shot but she also tested positive for hookworms- which is being treated.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Does she have diarrhea?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Is she currently being treated for hookworms? If so, what medications is she on?

4- Any other symptoms?

1 - yes
2 - unsure, we took her in about 36 hours ago.
3- yes, we have her on a dewormer that the vet administered
4- unknown as we've had her for such short time

1- What is the name of the medication?

2- I want to make sure I understand what you are asking. Can you be more specific as to what is your question?

I'm unsure of which they've provided.She has bloody diarrhea and I'm concerned if it's a allergic reaction to her rabies vacc or if it's related to her hookworms

1- Is she vomiting?

2- Is she lethargic?

No vomiting and unsure about lethargic. She sleeps most of the day but she's totally blind and often lays down. Again, we haven't had her but for 36 hours. We don't know how she acted prior to being vetted and treated for hookworms

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian